Web Design must focus on two main concepts - the visitor
and the nature of the search engines.
The visitor is looking for information and is impatient.
It is estimated that if a page does not download in 8-10 seconds
about 1/3 of visitors will leave. This is most critical for
The search engines are looking for content presented in
a technically correct format. Businesses need to be wary of
the "friend who does web sites" for little cost. The
Internet is not unique - you get what you pay for.
The structure and design of your site greatly affects its
ability to be handled, and thus ranked, by search engines.
Quality and appropriateness in design are essential in getting Internet visitors' attention.
This is especially critical at the "Homepage".
From there on it is Content! Content! Content!
- Do you have something to say? Tell your story.
- Tell visitors what your site is about.
- Present good information at your web site.
- Make sure there is a call to action on the part of your
- Make your contact information easy to find.
- Can a visitor call you on their telephone?
- Create a news page or at least some portion of your site
that is constantly updated to keep people coming back?
- Do you intend to send customers and prospects an email
when you update your site to tell them that you did? Whoops
we are getting away from design - but we just had to say
We design sites in the
latest software with the above principals in mind. Here are
a few more:
- The site must be logical and easy to navigate so the visitor does not get confused.
- We will build your site using the latest in design and programming technology. More and more of our clients are
choosing the dynamic web page model. This approach gives the client the
ability to easily add to and edit their site. This is database
technology and used most commonly with MySQL.
- We specialize in the use of Macromedia software. The site
must be attractive - a judicious use of graphics is essential.
Use flash to educate not to show technical talent.